600 Amps Peak: The Soliton Junior has a continuous current rating with adequate liquid cooling of 500A. It can do burst of 600A, and has exceptional thermal recovery.
340 Volts: 8 to 340 Volts maximum pack voltage. The full charge pack voltage must be limited to 340 Volts.
175kW Peak Motor Power: The Soliton Junior is capable of delivery up to 175kW (or 234HP!).
- 600 Amps Peak: The Soliton Junior has a continuous current rating with adequate liquid cooling of 500A. It can do burst of 600A, and has exceptional thermal recovery.
- 340 Volts: 8 to 340 Volts maximum pack voltage. The full charge pack voltage must be limited to 340 Volts.
- 175kW Peak Motor Power: The Soliton Junior is capable of delivery up to 175kW (or 234HP!).
- Idle: PID controlled. Makes converting vehicles with automatic transmissions, power steering, A/C, etc. much easier.
- Battery pack protection: Both maximum current and minimum voltage on the battery side are programmable - protect your pack from abuse while extracting the maximum performance and range from your pack.
- "Limp Home" Mode: Low pack voltage limit function protects batteries against over-discharge while extracting the maximum possible range by limiting motor current to whatever amount keeps the pack voltage above the programmed limit. This function provides the greatest "limp-home" capabilities.
- Motor voltage protection: User can limit the motor voltage output to any level.
- Adjustable switching frequency: Default switching frequency of 8kHz is a good compromise between low losses (losses go up with frequency for any controller!) but frequency is adjustable over a limited range in case the noise is audible (in most installations 8kHz is perfectly silent) at the cost of a slight reduction in maximum current.
- Current control: Throttle controls motor current (torque) for a very natural driving feel.
- Smooth starts: Spread spectrum switching, or dithering, is used at low motor currents to maintain precise control and eliminate jerky starts.
- Fine tuned acceleration rate: Motor current ramp rate is adjustable from a tortoise-like 100A per second to a tire-boiling 25,000A/s can be dialed in to perform much like traction control.
- Built in Precharge: Precharge management and components are built inside the controller. There is no need for a external contactor and resistor.
- 3-wire throttle input: Throttle input accepts a 0-5V signal from either a pot (1k to 5k ideal), Hall effect, etc.
- Two dedicated inputs: Tachometer (1, 2, 4, 6 pulses per revolution) for protecting against motor over-speed and Brake, for killing the motor output even if the throttle is "stuck on".
- Three programmable inputs: Reverse and motor temp (so far).
- Three programmable outputs: Meter drivers for amps, power and serial/parallel motor switching (coming soon).
- Error light output: Error light output for reporting errors on the dash.
- Web browser: Fully programmable with a web browser based interface no special software needed to interface with the controller, just an Ethernet connection!
Data acquisition: Performance data is continuously streamed to the Ethernet port only a very basic DOS/Windows logger program has been written so far, but more sophisticated programs are planned and the data format is in plain text so it will be easy for people to write their own. Data includes error reporting.
Firmware upgrades: Code can be upgraded through the Ethernet port and is AES encrypted to allow updating to be done without sending the controller back to us.
- Dyno Tested: Every single SolitonJr is put through a vigorous dyno tested procedure to ensure quality.
- 600 Volt design: Rugged design based on 600V industrial IGBT modules.
- Cutting edge capacitors: Special purpose high reliability/low loss 600V film capacitor. No electrolytic capacitors are used in power stage.
- High Efficiency: 1.5V max. drop at 1000A (0.8V typical).
- Superior electrical layout: Internal layout yields very low noise emissions.
- CAE/CAD/CAM: Designed and built using the latest computer-aided engineering, design, and manufacturing software.
- Rugged enclosure: Great weatherability.
- Built in cooling options: Air and liquid cooled for application versatility. The enclosure itself doubles as a full size heat sink.
- Dedicated high power connection: Two dedicated connections for the battery pack, and two dedicated connections for the motor. Makes for a clean and safe installation.
||18 x 12 x 12 in